Quorahub values your privacy and how important it is for you. Here, we describe our policies and procedures on the use, collection, disclosure, and sharing of your personal information. This policy applies to activities by our website and its affiliates and subsidiaries. We collect information from individuals directly, third parties, and automatically through the Quorahub Platform.
Account and Profile
When you create an account and profile on the Quorahub platform, we collect your contact information (email ID and telephone number), location, and other information you mention, such as what you like or find interesting.
Your name, photo, and any other information you have added to your public-facing profile will be visible to the public and other users of the Quorahub Platform. Once you create a profile, others can see your profile-specific information regarding your activity on the Quorahub platform, such as the content you have posted, your followers, and who you follow.
We collect the information (questions and answers) that you post to the Quorahub platform, including your questions, answers, comments, and photos. If you have posted specific content anonymously, your content, date, time stamps, and all linked comments are viewable to everyone on the Quorahub platform, along with your name.
We use your contact information to connect with you via email, text message, phone call, Quorahub Platform, or otherwise. When you contact us, we may maintain a record of your communication. By disclosing your contact information to us, you consent to Quorahub to use your contact information to communicate with you.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell or display any of your personal information, including your name and contact information, to third parties to benefit their marketing purposes. Quorahub uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To let you know about the services we offer on the Quorahub Platform and make our Platform available to the public, contact you regarding your use of the Platform, provide troubleshooting, respond to inquiries, and customer service purposes.
- For personalization of the content and information, we may send or display it to you on the Quorahub Platform to recommend followers and content, help people find your profile, offer local customization, personalized help with instruction, and personalize your experiences while using the Quorahub Platform.
- Advertising: To display internet-based advertising, improve our advertising and management systems to show you relevant ads, pre-fill forms in ads, and measure the reach and effectiveness of ads and services.
- Marketing and Promotions: For purposes such as sending you news and newsletters, keeping you updated on special offers, and contacting you regarding products or information we think you may be interested in, including information concerning third-party products and services.
- To perform analytics by gathering metrics to understand better how users access and use the Quorahub Platform; to improve and evaluate the services, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to create new products and services.
- Comply with Law: To abide by the legal obligations to conduct the general business operations and other business administration requirements.
Cookies, Pixels, and Tracking
We may combine this automatically saved information with other information we collect about users. Here is a summary of such activities:
- Cookies: These small files come with a unique identifier transferred to your browser from our websites. They help us remember users who have logged in, understand how users navigate and use the Platform, and display personalized content and targeted ads.
- Pixels, web beacons, and GIFs: These tiny graphics have a unique identifier that functions similar to cookies. With its help, we track the online movements of users using our Quorahub Platform and the web pages they visit through our Ad Services and personalize content. We use the same elements in our emails as it helps us know when they have opened or passed so that we can track the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tool: We can use internal and other third-party analytics tools that may combine the collected data with additional information they have gathered independently from other websites, online products, and services. The collection and use of information by third-party are subject to their privacy policies.
Please note that we never change system behavior in the Quorahub with response to browser requests that do not need to be tracked. However, you may disable specific tracking by third parties and may even opt out of tracing by Quorahub pixels.